I am a fully qualified integrative therapist. This means I am trained in a variety of different theories and can use the most helpful approach to meet your specific needs. I am person-centred meaning the sessions are client led, working with what you bring to the sessions. We may work psychodynamically exploring how your early experiences can influence your adult life. You may not be aware of this and part of the therapy is to bring this to your awareness, this in turn can enable change. Listening to you, building a therapeutic relationship and working out what you want and need from therapy is at the heart of how I work.
In the first session we meet and discuss the reasons why you have come to counselling. It is an opportunity to get to know each other and decide if we can work together. I usually meet with clients once a week at the same time and place, and work open-ended. This means the counselling lasts as long as it is needed. This can be short term or long term, with regular reviews to see how we are progressing. Also in the first session we go through a contract together, covering such things as confidentiality, cancellation policy etc. If we are both happy to continue after the first session I will ask you to sign the contract.
Below are some of the areas in which I work:
- Anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Eating Disorder including Anorexia and Compulsive Eating
- Infertility (see separate page for Fertility Counselling)
- Low Self-Esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship Difficulties
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Trauma including from Childhood
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Therapy
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
As a member of the BACP I abide by their ‘Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions’.
I am also a member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (MBICA) this is the only professional association for infertility counsellors and counselling in the UK. I am fully insured, have regular clinical supervision and ongoing training to ensure my work is of a high standard.
- Counselling Session (1 Hour) £40
- Reduced rates of £30 (1 Hour for Counselling Students)
- Initial Consultation (1 Hour) £20
- Daytime and Evening Sessions available
My counselling practice is in Hove, just off Dyke Road and parking is free. Public buses including the number 27 serve the area and it’s about a ten minute walk from Preston Park train station.